Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Own up then, who was it?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

8 comments

chrisonabike | 2 years ago
3 likes

Also one to suggest to him for their next survey:

"What do you thing is an appropriate sanction for militant cyclists who misuse Google to troll innocent motorists?

a) Flogging

b) Hanging

c) Hanging's too good for them!

d) Being forced to act as "sleeping policemen" at Gandalf's Corner

"

chrisonabike | 2 years ago
3 likes

Brilliant quotes in the article (my emphasis):

“The people who are laughing their socks off are mainly cyclists, I’ve blocked a lot of them. If I find him – I’m assuming it’s a himI’m not quite sure I can control my actions. I’m convinced it’s a militant cyclist.

Believe it or not I am pro-cleaning the air and pro-cycling but the militant [cyclists] have attacked me remorselessly over the last couple of years,” said Cox. “I cycle, I’m not a horrible person, I do want to help the environment, I just don’t want drivers to pick up the tab.”

Bingo!  We're only missing "ambulances", "Not all of us can pedal up and down in rubber knickers you know" (thanks Eric Pickles) and "weather".  Did I miss any?

Also bonus points for a combo of "drivers shouldn't have to pay for everyone" and:

"He claims to have saved motorists £100bn over the last decade in planned tax rises and hikes in fuel duty..."

brooksby | 2 years ago
6 likes

Dammit!  You beat me to it!

Edit: it's interesting that this bloke is so convinced that cyclists are persecuting him.

David9694 replied to brooksby | 2 years ago
1 like

He plays the victim - after all, he's only trying his best for the well-known hard done by group, drivers. 

Captain Badger | 2 years ago
5 likes

I literally came here to post the same thing!

Sniffer | 2 years ago
10 likes

It was me..... I'm Spartacus.

chrisonabike replied to Sniffer | 2 years ago
4 likes

No, I am Kirk Douglas!

Sniffer replied to chrisonabike | 2 years ago
2 likes
chrisonatrike wrote:

No, I am Kirk Douglas!

Not Cancellara then?

Latest Comments