Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Spring Classics 2024: Proper racing

The real racing finally starts today.

I dropped Lars Boven at the last minute because of the wind (62kg?) so he will probably do well today.

Good luck everyone.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

Daniel Norton | 2 months ago
0 likes

Oops, didn't get back from holiday in time to submit Strada team!  I did say I wouldn't worry about the overall this year due to it being a bit much trying to stay on top of things but it's still irritating as I drop out of classics race, realistically.

stevemarks | 2 months ago
0 likes

Not able to update my team....

I'm sure I checked the cut off time yesterday and I had time this morning but by 8.30 UK time it was finished how comes? the race doesnt start until 10.15 uk time?

competition over for me.

Daniel Norton | 2 months ago
0 likes

Boven straight in the early break. yes

11waterloo replied to Daniel Norton | 2 months ago
0 likes

I swapped Philipson & Turner in for Asgreen & Kung at last minute. Will doubtless come back to haunt me. I love the one day races as a spectator but hate them for the game! 

Daniel Norton replied to 11waterloo | 2 months ago
0 likes

Incredibly frustrating in terms of the game because the strongest most certainly aren't guaranteed to win.

I had Wellens, Pidcock, WVA, Laporte and De Lie so five of the strongest 7 riders but no cigar.

I've said it before, but the spring classics are not a single series of related races and don't belong in a single "game/race" because there is no strategy when there are completely different start lists in subsequent races.  If there was a "cobbled classics (Flemish Classics?) game it would make sense alongside maybe an "Ardennes Classics" (hilly classics?) and a "Sprinters Classics" or something then you would have more strategy/tactics in selections?  I also think monuments should be stand-alone races and/or double points to reflect their importance.

11waterloo replied to Daniel Norton | 2 months ago
0 likes

Now that is an interesting idea. It would probably be a nightmare to organise but it would be fun to play! 

Daniel Norton replied to 11waterloo | 2 months ago
0 likes

It looks like Turner completely blew.  I thought he was a good pick.

Latest Comments