Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Threaded BB Maintenance/Replacement -- DHB Discount Code

My bike has a BB-R60 Bottom Bracket.
The bike has done a total of 6,376.87 miles. The 1st BB lasted for 3,382.17 miles and the 2nd (current) has lasted 2,994.7 miles.

I cleaned and re-greased the current BB two rides ago, when it started to click. But it continues to click on ascents.

My questions are: Is there any point in doing any maintenance on BBs, if in my case they keep clicking? (i.e. once it's clicking, it's clucked).
Or should I have done the same maintenance at each 1000 mile interval, for example?
I do have a spare BB which I'll install soon.

Thank you 😃

Bonus Content:
I recently finished the "Strava DHB Don't Hold Back 150" challenge, which give you 25% off certain DHB products at Wiggle.
Here is the link for the included products and discount code, if it's any use to anyone out there.
https://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-x-strava-dont-hold-back-150?utm_source=stra...
DHB150
Offer valid: valid from Tuesday 16th March 2021 at 8:00 am until Sunday 18th April 2021 at 11:59pm.

You can use any Wiggle loyalty discount you might have, along with the above code.
I believe the code should also work on multiple orders over the promo period.

Enjoy 😀

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

Podc | 3 years ago
1 like

Uberbike do some nice threaded bottom brackets which can be serviced and the bearings can be replaced if required.

I use a good waterproof grease to keep the weather out which helps bearing life.

0-0 replied to Podc | 3 years ago
0 likes
Podc wrote:

Uberbike do some nice threaded bottom brackets which can be serviced and the bearings can be replaced if required.

I use a good waterproof grease to keep the weather out which helps bearing life.

Thank you very much, they look pretty good.
Do you think it's worth buying the ceramic versions over the steel ones, or is it just marketing BS?

Welsh boy | 3 years ago
1 like

If Hope make a model suitable for your needs then I would highly recommend getting one, they are expensive in the initial outlay but mine paid for themselves many times over (note the plural, I was so impressed with the first one I bought a second one for one of my other bikes). I would get through a Sram and/or Shimano bottom bracket ever winter and another in the summer, the Hope lasted 3 years before I had so spend a few pounds on replacement bearings for one of them (the one I bought second hand off eBay).

0-0 replied to Welsh boy | 3 years ago
0 likes
Welsh boy wrote:

If Hope make a model suitable for your needs then I would highly recommend getting one, they are expensive in the initial outlay but mine paid for themselves many times over (note the plural, I was so impressed with the first one I bought a second one for one of my other bikes). I would get through a Sram and/or Shimano bottom bracket ever winter and another in the summer, the Hope lasted 3 years before I had so spend a few pounds on replacement bearings for one of them (the one I bought second hand off eBay).

Thank you very much for the help and suggestion.
I've had a quick look at the prices, and you wasn't joking about them being expensive.

Latest Comments