Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Runner Up Prizes Vuelta Espana Competition

Not that it would have changed how I played at all, since I didn't get a team in at all, but what are the runner up prizes for the competition? Are they always given out in each of the competitions? Thanks!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

18 comments

mari | 12 years ago
0 likes

I got my stuff yesterday! Nice T-shirt! Thanks!  1

manolo | 12 years ago
0 likes

Ok, so are there any pics yet of the Vuelta competition winner with his brand mew bike? Or any news on when it got or wil get in their hands? Has anyone received their prizes? What were they? Just curious!  1

lucas replied to manolo | 12 years ago
0 likes
manolo wrote:

Has anyone received their prizes?

Got my stuff today! Thanks, guys! Fun competition!  1

Gmancervelo | 12 years ago
0 likes

I got an e-mail about a month ago, asking for postal address, but not heard anything since.

paqui | 12 years ago
0 likes

I got an email from Evans saying they would be mailing the prize shortly. Still don't know what it is, but I'm happy!  1

lucas | 12 years ago
0 likes

I haven't heard anything about the Vuelta prizes. Is there someone you guys can check with to see if they were sent out? A pair of socks is just fine, just would want to know if anything was sent out just to know if I should expect anything! Thanks!  1

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

There are Vuelta posters, but not sure where you would be able to get them

http://www.cyclingrevealed.com/Vuelta/Vuelta_posters.html

paqui | 12 years ago
0 likes

Is there any way to get a Vuelta poster? Do they exist? Does Evans have any kind of a connection to the eevnt that they might be able to offer that? Or, since they're happening right now, are there any World Championship posters out there? Just curious. If anyone sees any links to any of the posters, let me know. Thanks!  1

lucas | 12 years ago
0 likes

Well, I sent my info in, don't know what to expect but, I'm happy!

nickobec | 12 years ago
0 likes

The Halfords game is exactly the same game as the SBS game. Same rules except SBS AU only, Halfords UK only.

Hi Cameron you stomped me good in the SBS game this year. Still can't get my GC riders and team to the end.

Which is why I like the game here more.

Supposed I will have to be on my toes next year, to defend my No. 1 rest of the world, world tour ranking.

Nick

cherrypicked replied to nickobec | 12 years ago
0 likes
nickobec wrote:

Still can't get my GC riders and team to the end.

Which is why I like the game here more.

Be interesting to see how the rules end up here - might be more of the same.

cherrypicked | 12 years ago
0 likes

hi Lucas, the SBS comp is only open to Australian residents as I'm pretty sure Halford's is just for UK. You should check out the NBC comp http://nbcfantasy.stats.com/cycling/index.asp for next year. I did a bit of a search a few weeks ago to see what I could find.

lucas replied to cherrypicked | 12 years ago
0 likes
cherrypicked wrote:

the SBS comp is only open to Australian residents as I'm pretty sure Halford's is just for UK. You should check out the NBC comp http://nbcfantasy.stats.com/cycling/index.asp

You did pretty good, cherry! Wow! Pretty cool! Have you been playing this game long?

1 zueco zueco 1965
2 cherrypicked cherrypicked 1922
3 ARCA pclark007 1901
4 Seira paqui 1883
5 MMMA mari 1875

Did you play the NBC one? Which of these do you like better? Are the SBS and Halford's just as fun as this one?

lucas | 12 years ago
0 likes

That's pretty cool. Will we get to know what they are before we get them? I live in the USA. Will Evans ship the prize out here? By the way, when I signed up I just put down my city. Do I need to update my info on the site or just wait until Evans emails me? Great game! Pretty cool!  1 Hmmm. now I'm curious about the SBS game, does someone have a link? Is it open to people outside Australia?

0 likes

Thanks Dave. It's been a year of being just outside the major prizes for me - at least there are consolation prizes here!

In the SBS TDF fantasy comp I came fifth – one place outside the prizes (1st trip to tdf + $A5k Avanti bikes, 2nd to 4th $A5k Avanti bikes). Not only that, I was 1 point behind 4th, whereas 6th was 30+ points behind me.

Bring on next year I say.

dave atkinson | 12 years ago
0 likes

Hi Cameron - Evans have the full list of winners' email addresses, which will be the address you registered with on the site. they'll be in touch soon!

0 likes

Coming in second I guessed I qualified one of these, so I went to make sure my address details etc were right but couldn't see them anywhere - now that I think about it not sure that I've even entered them.

What is the process for runner up prizes?

Should I be able to see anything more than option to update team name and delete me under my account (see screenshot in attached zip)?

Thanks,
Cameron

dave atkinson | 12 years ago
0 likes

They are a selection of jerseys, tees and shiny bits and bobs from our friendly prize sponsor, Evans Cycles. If you ask me to tell you *exactly* what they are, i'll have to look sheepish and scrape the ground with my toe...

Latest Comments