Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

The Worlds TT

So what are the tactics for this with the new rules?

I see two main options, having more AR's and compromising you DS's or having less AR's and some better DS's

At the moment i have 1 GC, 4 AR's and 4 DS's however two of my DS's are not great shouts, in effect they are just riding, however i believe i have 6 really good chances from that

My other option would be to revert to 1 GC, 3 AR's and 5 DS's allowing me to improve my DS's and possibly have 7 or 8 decent hopefuls

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

63 comments

TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes

New plan 1 GC, 5AR, 3DS, its a mess of a team

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Teratcliffe, you female? you keep chopping and changing your mind  19

So with your 5AR have you still managed one of the big 3?

0 likes

no im not female, just indecisive, and it normal works against me, like in every other fantasy sports i play

yh i still have one of the big 3

im pretty sure of 8 of my riders just one is under question

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Well i still have me team set up, i know i'll have to change 2 i think when the game gets changed for only the riders in the TT, but i've got my eye on who i'm going to take in

Stumps | 12 years ago
0 likes

Got 8 picked and struggling with the last one but no doubt will have to mess about and change a couple when the proper list comes out.

0 likes

Think most of mine have pretty much been confirmed in articles released by there relevant countries

will give you one clue about my team, i dont have 2 riders from any one country

Stumps | 12 years ago
0 likes

Snap, that's if you class Millar and Wiggins as Scotland and England and not GB.

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Only in the commonwealth and not the worlds  19

0 likes

I have riders from 4 different continents

JAndrewHill | 12 years ago
0 likes

1 GC 3AR 5DS

4 speak english first
2 speak deutsch ish
2 are from the baltic and i'm not sure what they speak
1 speaks italian

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Christ we're going into laguages

OK

4 speak English first
5 speak Germanish or various forms of it  19

And all my riders thus far are from Europe

0 likes

languages might give too much away with mine, lets say english is first language for 4 maybe 5 of mine

Stumps | 12 years ago
0 likes

God help my team then if they ever turned out as a pro team as other than Wiggins and Millar none of mine speak the same language  20

Squiggle | 12 years ago
0 likes

Just had my first major revamp after a wee bit of research. Still have 1 GC, 3 AR, and 5 DS including a couple of wildcards I think might do well. All but one European or Commonwealth. Majority English speaking. Two countrymen, two team mates. Still got 6.4 credits to play with. Hurry up Wednesday!  4

LabMonkey | 12 years ago
0 likes

Are the rider lists going to be trimmed down to just those that are competing in both the TT and Road World champ races before Wednesdays deadline?

archieboy | 12 years ago
0 likes

Hope the rider lists will be trimmed as I cant find Jack Bauer (NZ) anywhere !!!!.

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

The final TT line up should be out very soon  4

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

That poses an interesting question then, not that i think Bauer can win, BUT if something strange was to happen and he won, would the points go from 2-21?

Or if say 4 riders who are not in the game got into the top 20 would this mean that 21-24 score points?

Also, If a rider not in the game went on to win, would other riders from that country get 5 points, this would be more a factor in the road race though  39

Not that i like making things complicated  19

archieboy | 12 years ago
0 likes

Sorry Dave, my mistake, thought Endura Racing were conti.
Please ignore me..

20thebear | 12 years ago
0 likes

Are you allowed 5AR and 3DS riders? Do you not have to have the allocated number of people from each section?

20thebear | 12 years ago
0 likes

Thanks guys. i forgot to add the extra person so i have 9 in total.

LabMonkey | 12 years ago
0 likes

So will the start list be trimmed down before the race then?

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Well the official start list was supposed to be out today, but still nothing and i think the UCI will be bedded

http://www.uci.ch/templates/BUILTIN-NOFRAMES/Template1/layout.asp?MenuId...

TimD | 12 years ago
0 likes

The start list is up now  7

alejandro | 12 years ago
0 likes
tato wrote:

Is there any place on the site where you can see how your team stacked up to the others just for this race - the WC TT?

I already asked on another part of the forum, but just wanted to post it here, too, just in case I got a quicker answer.  1

dave atkinson replied to archieboy | 12 years ago
0 likes
archieboy wrote:

Hope the rider lists will be trimmed as I cant find Jack Bauer (NZ) anywhere !!!!.

the fantasy game is worldtour and conti teams only, so you can't pick jack i'm afraid

Stumps replied to 20thebear | 12 years ago
0 likes
20thebear wrote:

Are you allowed 5AR and 3DS riders? Do you not have to have the allocated number of people from each section?

The simple answer to that is no. You can pick whoever you want for the Worlds.

Gkam84 replied to Stumps | 12 years ago
0 likes
stumps wrote:
20thebear wrote:

The simple answer to that is no. You can pick whoever you want for the Worlds.

I believe the simple answer would have been YES NO  19

So Yes, you can have 5AR and 3DS in your team, BUT you will also need another rider because you HAVE to have 9 riders

And NO in the world championships you don't have to have someone from every section

thefatcyclist | 12 years ago
0 likes

1GC 4AR 4DS

0 likes

well ive come up with another option but is it too much of a risk to go with the guy who came 2nd in 2008 rather than the guy that came 179th in the vuelta TT

Pages

Latest Comments