Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Fantasy cycling. Trying to pick a purist squad.

Which of the cheaper domestiques is likely to ride the tdf or vde and get pts?
I'm thinking Haedo and Champion?
but who knows who will be fit in the summer apart from Dave Atkinson (le god)

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

azzure | 12 years ago
0 likes

Well, just wondering, but what was the prize for the Purists League? And - I haven't bothered to look but - are the final results up? And - next year, wil we have an option to have a purist team and (!) a non-purist team? Thanks!

dave atkinson | 13 years ago
0 likes

I don't know that. But I *do* know that in the unlimited transfer windows the game doesn't log changes. That means you can make changes at those points and still be a purist. You can look at the stage listing to see when those points are.

The season's too long for a simple purist game with 9 riders to make much sense... even the pro teams aren't that restricted in terms of personnel. So to qualify as a purist you pick a squad for each race and stick with it.

Latest Comments

• AidanR 0 sec ago

The worst thing about this is that it's splashed on the front page of the print copy in a giant font. The recklessness of reporting clearly...

• Morgoth985 6 min 14 sec ago

And this is the right answer!  Get rid of cyclists and the whole problem goes away.  That is exactly their thinking.

• Morgoth985 11 min 8 sec ago

Yes.  In agreement with your "No"s.  They can defend the indefensible as much as they like, but I've cancelled my membership and I don't think I'm...

• Dnnnnnn 11 min 5 sec ago

Do you have a link for something like that? All I've seen him say was that it was one in a number of issues (e.g. energy price rises) that was...

• Paul J 20 min 30 sec ago

standard sized, interchangeable batteries is the norm, across many many many different kinds of products, for many many years now....

• chrisonabike 36 min 24 sec ago

Think someone (Rendel?) has had a look on another thread - IIRC highly unlikely wattage to achieve that posted?...

• jaymack 48 min 3 sec ago

Perhaps John doesn't like the idea of throwing otherwise perfectly functuonal equipment away for want of a battery, it's maybe something to do with...

• HLaB 59 min 54 sec ago

Please say that has not been approved.  Even if somehow the whole sustainable travel/ environment thing wasn't an issue (which it is), two vehicle...

• Hirsute 1 hour 8 min ago

Not sure the glass roof is up to that.

• Hirsute 1 hour 36 min ago

This is a subset of what Rendel posted - Tite St to Chelsea Bridge Not bad for 101W Bike calculator for 70kg rider gives 24.02 kph for 600m