Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

forum

Plans for the weekend?

Not sure whether this should be in tea stop or the bike forum… my plans for what looks like it could be a really nice bank holiday weekend certainly include riding a bike.

What have the rest of you got in the offing?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

14 comments

DaSy | 14 years ago
0 likes

It's off to sunny Wales for me on Saturday. I have a plan to do 80+ miles up through the Beacons to climb the Black Mountain and then across to climb the Bwlch and Rhigos.

Sunday I think I'm gonna duck the group ride and head out on a solo ride, the group thing is hard work, more mechanicals, bonks and moaning than I can really deal with. I think I have been in the region of an hour slower over 80 miles with a group, and that's not how it's supposed to be!

I need to get quality miles in as my tour of the Grande Alps is looming large; less than 4 weeks to go before Graeme Obree serves me my @rse on a plate over the Galibier etc - not sure him announcing he is going for the hour record again bodes well for me, but as he is my hero, it'll be nice to see him in form.

Tony Farrelly | 14 years ago
0 likes

It's scorching here!

James Warrener | 14 years ago
0 likes

That's why the sun has gone in then  3

0 likes

I'm hoping to hook up with Jack Thurston of the Bike Show and do actual bike riding

Jon Burrage | 14 years ago
0 likes

that reads badly....a friend of my girlfriend.

Hammy | 14 years ago
0 likes

I'm surprised he's got time for any

OldRidgeback | 14 years ago
0 likes

How many girlfriends have you got John?

Jon Burrage | 14 years ago
0 likes

May well go to bikeradar live to do a sportive...have one of my girlfriends friends birthdays tonight so we shall see how groggy I am feeling.
I will also go on a badtri training ride and perhaps a solo ride on monday...possibly 3 metrics this weekend  4

OldRidgeback | 14 years ago
0 likes

The club has BMX training on Sat and Sunday morning and I ahve to do at least one of those i reckon.

James Warrener | 14 years ago
0 likes

...and this weekend?

It looks like being a stunner.

So.....

miles tonight.

London tomorrow for birthdays (missus and I).

miles and gardening Sunday.

DaveP | 14 years ago
0 likes

Sundays horse show cancelled, so might get in a few miles.  1
Need to check veggie patch and need to cut two of the paddocks.  2

dave atkinson | 14 years ago
0 likes

monday i'm off to the forest of dean to pootle round with the kids in tow. since it's my good lady wife's birthday i may offer to run the seat *and* the trailer. or i may not  1

DaSy | 14 years ago
0 likes

Saturday brings my first ride of a new route I've named the Torture 80. It is an adaptation of Reading CC's Torture 40, but with an additional 40 miles to get to and from the route. It has a lot of evil climbs and manages around 2K metres of vertical gain, it's gonna hurt!

Sunday is shopping with missus DaSy and gardening etc.

Monday, I'm leading a group ride on an 85 mile loop, it should be torture, but of a different kind to Saturday, this lot are wildly un-disciplined riders with lots of ego's to contend with.

0 likes

Probably try and detach myself from my laptop… speak to family, watch Giro, re-attach to laptop… ride bike (hopefully not attached to laptop, but poss even if).

Check first early potatoes, do some weeding… relax  1

Latest Comments