Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Team Rapha Focus

Seem's selling their sun glasses to pay for their cross team is starting to pay off for them

http://rapha-focus.cx/

I don't have the European results, but this is the latest round of the UCI US champs

http://velonews.competitor.com/2011/11/cyclocross/2011-jingle-cross-rock...

Only had one male and one female out there

2. Christopher Jones (USA), Rapha-Focus, at 0:23

6. Julie Krasniak (FRA), Rapha-Focus, at 1:33

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

9 comments

dave atkinson | 12 years ago
0 likes

if you don't agree with the tattoo, then you don't have to race. no-one's forcing you to. and no-one forced rapha to. but they did, and they won, so man up and take the tat. or hide in the bushes and let someone else win.

dave atkinson | 12 years ago
0 likes

Why try and win a race if you don't want the prize? It's that simple, really.

Gkam84 replied to dave atkinson | 12 years ago
0 likes
dave_atkinson wrote:

Why try and win a race if you don't want the prize? It's that simple, really.

Prefect training run for the Jingle Cross Rock?

But yeah i understand that not going on the podium is a disgrace, i still don't agree with the tattoo though, what might have been better if they were just treating it as training, would to be asked to be not classified or just give up the title's

VecchioJo | 12 years ago
0 likes

"There are many corollaries to Godwin's law, some considered more canonical (by being adopted by Godwin himself) than others. For example, there is a tradition in many newsgroups and other Internet discussion forums that once such a comparison is made, the thread is finished and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever debate was in progress. This principle is itself frequently referred to as Godwin's law."

the "don't want a tattoo don't win" isn't a lot of nonsense, it's a tradition in these kinds of races, and up til now no winner has refused the tattoo or branding most of whom are a lot more used to winning, and in a lot fiercer competitions, than the Rapha riders

any rider that wins any race and can't be arsed to stand on the podium and claim their prize, whatever that may be, tattoo or not, shows no respect for the race or their fellow competitors or the organisers, and in this case the tradition of the tattoo, whether you like it or not, a lot of people that haven't posted on the internet have lost all respect in these Rapha riders

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Goswin's Law mearly states "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches"

Quote:

Godwin's law does not claim to articulate a fallacy; it is instead framed as a memetic tool to reduce the incidence of inappropriate hyperbolic comparisons. "Although deliberately framed as if it were a law of nature or of mathematics, its purpose has always been rhetorical and pedagogical: I wanted folks who glibly compared someone else to Hitler or to Nazis to think a bit harder about the Holocaust," Godwin has written.

So in terms of making my comment null and void, that it does not do and i stand by, the last person was forces tattoo's onto a number of people was Mr Hitler and he failed

If your game for the tattoo then all fine and well, but if you a racer and your only focus is on winning, you have a choice about everything in life, if you don't want to have a tattoo forced upon you for winning a "fun" race, then simply don't have it

The people on the article you posted saying things like"Both Rapha riders won and both avoided getting the tattoo. Lame" "Seriously, no tattoos? Why finish first if you aren't willing to take the trophy?" "Pretty poor form not to get the tattoo - surely anyone racing an SS worlds knows that if you don't want the tattoo - don't win?"

The if you don't want a tattoo don't win is just alot of nonsense by people who will never be able to win, If i thought i could win, i'd go there just to make sure i won and didn't have the tattoo, you can't force things on people just because they win

VecchioJo | 12 years ago
0 likes

your argument is made null and void thanks to Godwin's Law  1

plenty of people have singlespeeded their geared bikes in a similar fashion for such events the Rapha riders are not so special and everyone knows the "Win = Tattoo" tradition, those who don't want it simply don't win, there have been people in 1st who have hidden in bushes until the next rider has passed them to avoid the branding

other Pro riders have taken part in similar 'fun' events and won and had the dignity to suffer the tattoo, Travis Brown and Adam Craig for example, but then they are pros

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I dont think they have at all, for its just a normal report with the people commenting below moaning about it all

It was a "fun" event, fancy dress by the sound of it, so they most likely took time out of their schedule to go along and race

Ok, they didn't have proper single speeded, they just fixed their bikes in one gear, went on to win, fine, they should of turned up to the podium, but i dont think they are the first to avoid the tattoo. Its a stupid idea in my opinion anyway, the last person who tried to force tattoo's onto people who didn't want them failed in WW2, His name was Adolf......  39

VecchioJo | 12 years ago
0 likes

all very lovely but i think Rapha-Focus might have shot them selves in the foot with their performance at the SSCXWC the other weekend.

if you're going to win at least have the respect to turn up for the podium, and at least man up to the tattoos that you know beforehand are awarded to the winners

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Latest Comments