Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

No Tour de Pologne? :/

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

15 comments

Dux89 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Any word on the Eneco Tour?

TERatcliffe26 replied to Dux89 | 8 years ago
0 likes
Dux89 wrote:

Any word on the Eneco Tour?

Eneco has been open since the middle of the week

enrique | 8 years ago
0 likes

Would you consider opening the race for the stages left. with unlimited transfers. so people can play for stage wins?  39

Aragonite | 8 years ago
0 likes

Kittel wins. Would have had 1,2,3,4,5,6,7+8. Damn!

TERatcliffe26 | 8 years ago
0 likes

The Autumn classics will be run just CSS had to be done separate due to the holiday situation. I will be back to run the rest, the next race I believe isnt until 23rd August

Cheers for the response Steve, wont take it personally.

Aragonite | 8 years ago
0 likes

Could employing a couple of people part-time to run the fantasy cycling, by increasing the subscription fee be viable?

dopestrong | 8 years ago
0 likes

Couldn't agree more Steve. As the defending Tour of Poland winner, I'm very disappointed to see this competition skipped, as well as the Autumn Classics. Is Eneco Tour the next on the chopping block? As a paying customer, I would have thought the owners would have a paid employee on staff to ensure all of the competitions are run. This is an eye-opener that the fantasy cycling contests are only run by volunteers, and I will certainly reconsider being a premium member next year.

Gkam84 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Steve, I think it is down to me, I normally can cover anything and everything so that anytime someone is away or can't do a race/stage.

I step in to cover, this year between work and health, I've not been able to cover everything. Everyone has holidays to take, it just happened this year that Dave and TER were on holiday at the same time. We lost on admin after last season, his replacement hasn't been around much either. So we are running on 3 guys with some of the Road.cc office staff chipping in here and there.

Gkam84 | 8 years ago
0 likes

I'm around, but not "around" I'm currently in and out of a hospital unit getting treatment, so I'm only committing to covering the WWC at the moment then I'm off to Ireland at the end of the month.

Dave is away, TER is also away as has been covered, we are all committed, it just happens that between us we've not been able to cover everything and add new races

TERatcliffe26 | 8 years ago
0 likes

If Dave is sorting it then I guess Eneco will be running, but Im not back until 10th August

STEVESPRO 79 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Finding this really disappointing.....We always do The Tour of Poland, its on TV all week.... From the outside looking in, I kind of get the feeling that the people running the game are becoming a little tired of it... Hope that I am wrong but I am not exactly impressed with the admin side of things this year.... Time after time people ask questions and have to wait days, sometimes weeks even for a reply...

TERatcliffe26 replied to STEVESPRO 79 | 8 years ago
0 likes
STEVESPRO 79 wrote:

Finding this really disappointing.....We always do The Tour of Poland, its on TV all week.... From the outside looking in, I kind of get the feeling that the people running the game are becoming a little tired of it... Hope that I am wrong but I am not exactly impressed with the admin side of things this year.... Time after time people ask questions and have to wait days, sometimes weeks even for a reply...

Im on holiday, don't like my commitment being questioned when I do what i do for free, ive already said had I been in England I would have been able to sort it, but as Im away in Australia using all my holiday for the year from my actual job, I just don't have the time to sort anything for these comps while im away.
When I can respond I do, but at the moment responding to people wanting to play the TdP or whatever comp, or problems etc is not quite top of my list whilst im away. (considering I help out off my own back)

STEVESPRO 79 replied to TERatcliffe26 | 8 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:
STEVESPRO 79 wrote:

Im on holiday, don't like my commitment being questioned when I do what i do for free, ive already said had I been in England I would have been able to sort it, but as Im away in Australia using all my holiday for the year from my actual job, I just don't have the time to sort anything for these comps while im away.
When I can respond I do, but at the moment responding to people wanting to play the TdP or whatever comp, or problems etc is not quite top of my list whilst im away. (considering I help out off my own back)

TER it was not questioning your commitment but rather the people who run the game. And to be honest its more of a fact than a question..... I have played for 4 years now and I think the service this year has been lacking..... I am not having a go at the volunteers, I am having a go at the owners of the game who should know when the volunteers, who appear to do most of the work, are away on holiday.... sorry that you took it personally it was not a dig at you..... In fact its not a dig at anyone, just an honest observation.... If this was my first year I would not be impressed...

Aragonite | 8 years ago
0 likes

Will the Eneco be covered?

Aragonite | 8 years ago
0 likes

I've also asked this question on the 'Autumn Classics' thread. Getting late now, so probably not. Shame, as it's on Eurosport all week.

Latest Comments