Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Autumn classics

Nothing for La Clásica?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

20 comments

11waterloo | 1 year ago
0 likes

S&@t, I missed deadline for last 2 picks. Did 5 then wanted to think about final 2. Real life took over & missed deadline.... No chance of 3rd overall now....

Sniffer | 1 year ago
0 likes

Whoops, not a rider in the top 10 today.

Edit - none in the top 20!

11waterloo replied to Sniffer | 1 year ago
0 likes

Same.... I think I have scored zero - quite an achievement given that I made seven transfers!  Had half an eye on third place for the season (you as well I guess), but Team Greenfield has Mohoric which was an inspired pick and has scuppered us. 

Sniffer replied to 11waterloo | 1 year ago
0 likes

Kanter gives me 5 points on team mate bonus..... and only 6 transfers

Yes, I have been wondering if a podium was possible.

11waterloo replied to Sniffer | 1 year ago
1 like

Forgot I had Kanter, so will get the 5 too. Went big on sprinters today as I thought it was the most predictable of the remaining races...... shows how much I know! 

stevemarks replied to Sniffer | 1 year ago
1 like

Sniffer wrote:

Whoops, not a rider in the top 10 today.

Edit - none in the top 20!

Only used 4 transfers for my zero points! 

Dr Winston replied to Sniffer | 1 year ago
0 likes

I think about 150 teams scored 5 or less.... 

Mohoric was my regret... looked at him and decided the next race was too difficult at Lombardia, and that he had very little chance against the genuine sprinters, which made it easier to keep Pogacar.

Only going with six transfers + Pogacar for Lombardia and keeping Trentin with seven transfers for the final day.

11waterloo replied to Dr Winston | 1 year ago
0 likes

I've done exactly the same!

runaroundsioux | 1 year ago
1 like

OMG !!!!! Missed the cut off tonight. Damn visitors 

Just have to pray for major upsets

tony kappler | 1 year ago
0 likes

Primus results brought to you from the middle of the Aussie bush, using a "thunbnail dipped in tar" (ref Banjo Pattersson).

I think all Autumn Classic deadline times were set the same and early, not knowing when each race started.

Velocibob | 1 year ago
0 likes

No sign of the scores of the Primus Classic Race, at least for me. Chose my team just before going to bed at midnight, only to find that all but two of my choices was removed from the start list, an hour after I had gone to bed and no chance of remedying this when I got up, due to the closing of entries early, this is the second time this has happened to me. Am I the only one this has affected?

Condor Andy replied to Velocibob | 1 year ago
0 likes

I was away from when the race started until this afternoon. Always tough when a few admins are away at the same time.

sibrown4 | 1 year ago
1 like

The Primus Classic Race entry was closed a bit early wasnt it. Apparently it doesnt start until 12:30 CET?  Given the short time am surporised you closed it off 3 hours before the start

Les Ed replied to sibrown4 | 1 year ago
0 likes

Hi, For some reason I do not get email updates therefore do not know what is going on with the Primus scores. Could someone please let me know. Thanks.

runaroundsioux replied to Les Ed | 1 year ago
0 likes

not sure about any other admin volunteers, but I know Tony Kappler is away on holidays at present.  

I really dont think there will be too many wanting to see their scores ... me includedindecision

Condor Andy replied to sibrown4 | 1 year ago
0 likes

I was working on Friday night, got in late and was playing in a tennis tournament early on Saturday. So I smashed in the start list changes when I got in from work, but wasn't able to alter anything on Saturday morning. We'll work on making these classic comps more slick for next year.

Condor Andy | 1 year ago
0 likes

I think I've found a new contender for worst information available for a race. The official start list doesn't match the start lists on PCS and First and the race has started.

11waterloo replied to Condor Andy | 1 year ago
0 likes

And equally slow with full results! 

Dr Winston | 1 year ago
0 likes

Tricky set of races for this one. Stage 1 > Stage 2 sums it up well. 

11waterloo replied to Dr Winston | 1 year ago
0 likes

And San Sebastián is always a mix of post Tour riders (tired but ultra-fit) and pre-Vuelta riders (fresh but without racing legs) which makes it doubly difficult to predict! 

Latest Comments