Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Giro d’Italia

Yeah.... finally a GT. 

Should be interesting. Not the strongest line up we'll ever see but that might be a great chance for the under card.... 

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

103 comments

Dr Winston | 1 year ago
0 likes

Dear god...that stage tomorrow is a monster.

11waterloo replied to Dr Winston | 1 year ago
0 likes

And possibly some inclement weather as a side order! 

Dr Winston replied to 11waterloo | 1 year ago
0 likes

Looks like it...and all day long. 

Daniel Norton | 1 year ago
0 likes

Damn it.  I went for an extra breakaway rider instead of Landa today and chanced not having Rosa!  I almost played it safe.  Too attacking.

Dr Winston replied to Daniel Norton | 1 year ago
0 likes

Tough stage to call. Suited all of GC, KOM and breakaaway riders... not helped by the fact it was much harder than it looked on the profile.

Nice to see Yates and Nibali back on the bike, so to speak.

Sniffer replied to Dr Winston | 1 year ago
0 likes

Expected a breakaway win.  Made a last minute change to my planned transfers and didn't go for Yates as planned.  Chose Hindley instead which was a slightly better choice.

Could have had both and not brought in Mollema though.

Daniel Norton replied to Sniffer | 1 year ago
0 likes

Ditto.  Except I went for Formolo instead of Rosa as well.

tony kappler | 1 year ago
1 like

Just a heads up. Stage 13 scoring may be (very) late. Andy will be unavailable for the next 3 stages, so scoring may have to wait until daylight in Oz.

dave atkinson replied to tony kappler | 1 year ago
1 like

i've done it  1

first time in a while so probably made a horlicks of it. let me know if so

11waterloo replied to dave atkinson | 1 year ago
2 likes

You couldn't fix it for Bardet to still be racing could you? He was a nice little earner with his GC & cheeky sprints! 

Daniel Norton replied to dave atkinson | 1 year ago
1 like

Scores look bang on, Dave.   Thanks

Daniel Norton | 1 year ago
0 likes

Crosswinds?  Could be curtains for Landa if the race breaks up.  Hope not, I'd like to see him in contention still in the final week.

Daniel Norton replied to Daniel Norton | 1 year ago
0 likes

Hope there are crosswinds though.  This stage has the potential to be another snooze-fest if not.

Dr Winston | 1 year ago
0 likes

Shocker of a day... as my ipad totally blew this morning...blank, dead, nothing. 

Not only for the cycling but also (does anybody play fantasy premier league) couldn't do my transfers for that game on a Double gameweek and my FREE HIT that i saved for 37 weeks...to use today. WTF...!!..Never even come close to saving it that long before. Left me with captain Salah who played in the FA cup final as well....pffft.

Got my old computer working again and a new ipad for me tomorrow.

0 likes

Oh no, that is the stuff of nightmares! Both games had a 10.30 deadline yesterday so it was already a stressful morning without a malfunctioning iPad. No free hit left for me but could at least do some tinkering (making Richarlison captain seems to have worked out! )

0 likes

Yeah... Free hit on a DGW is the biggest play of the season. I use fantasy football scout for info. Thet very often get, or work out, the line ups and shock benchings..but that is always very late in the day..so i leave it as long as possible.

My middle son is going to bring his old Ipad for me and rejuvinate it... i'm a bit worried i may have lost all our family photos on the one that's knackered... and there are hundreds. Agggghhh.

1 like

My iPad knowledge isn't great but when I have previously got a new one it automatically transferred everything on the old one to the new (information stored in the cloud away from the actual device I believe). Hopefully that is the case for you. I too use FFS as my go to site for the football, mainly for the predicted lineups (although predicting the Leicester defence defies even them!) It could be an idea to create an FPL mini-league next season for any fantasy cyclists who are interested. I'm sure there are quite a few of use who do both on the quiet & putting a mini league together doesn't require much effort (I am already in two mini leagues so another one would be no problem)

STEVESPRO 79 replied to 11waterloo | 1 year ago
1 like

Ive played FPL since its introduction and would welcome a mini-league...

HoarseMann replied to Dr Winston | 1 year ago
0 likes

Dr Winston wrote:

. i'm a bit worried i may have lost all our family photos on the one that's knackered... and there are hundreds. Agggghhh.

go to www.icloud.com and sign in with your apple id

hopefully, if your ipad was backing up to icloud, everything will be there.

Dr Winston replied to HoarseMann | 1 year ago
1 like

Thanks...i've been told that a couple of times, so fingers crossed. My son with Down's syndrome looks at his photos on my (ex) ipad continually... all mainly holiday pictures... so it's important to us. I've got this old crock of a computer up and running again for now....first time i've used it for years.

Dr Winston | 1 year ago
0 likes

Not been on today due to major ipad malfunction. Does anybody know much about them?

Oh. great stage btw. Never fancied MVDP or Cort today... i've no idea why they were installed as first and second favourites.

0 likes

With hindsight, Mollema was the logical choice for the stage (or Bouwman if you are psychic - yes you, Sniffer!) I initially had Mollema but then got conflicted over his role in protecting the pink jersey and took him out in favour of riders no other responsibilities. I was due a bad call as the Giro had been going far too well up till that point! 

0 likes

Shame about Ulissi not turning up... he made a half hearted attempt at the break then gave up....Covi was more active...and Formolo.

The thing with the MVDP pick is that i've never seen him race in earnest over such a brutal stage. Even if he got in the break, as he tried to, he would have been in with some serious climbers on some serious climbs. 

did Sniffer pick him?...crikey...good shout. 

0 likes

Yes he did! I always have a quick look at what a few other players have done once the deadline passes, if only to fuel my fear of missing out! 

Sniffer replied to 11waterloo | 1 year ago
0 likes

Bouwman has been the high point of my Giro.

Completely messed up last weekend when away on a cycling trip. Was devastated to find I hadn’t picked Girmay on Stage 1 when I was convinced I had. Bonus is that I have a few more transfers at this stage of a Grand Tour than I sometimes do.

Dr Winston replied to Sniffer | 1 year ago
0 likes

Great pick. Do you think TJV will want that KOM jersey?... it did come as a bit of a freebie with the stage win... i'm thinking they will. 

Sniffer replied to Dr Winston | 1 year ago
0 likes

I think we will see more of Bouwman this Giro.

With no credible GC contenders, it has to be about stages and maybe the mountain jersey will come along too.

11waterloo replied to Sniffer | 1 year ago
0 likes

Best pick of the race so far!

Daniel Norton replied to 11waterloo | 1 year ago
1 like

Yeah, enjoyable stage.  I picked Mollema then changed my mind as well (team duties).

I'm surprised MVDP let de Gendt get up the road on the next stage.  He seems to have the odd complete failure to read the race.  Could just have been his legs to be fair, but...

Daniel Norton replied to Dr Winston | 1 year ago
0 likes

Oh, I don't think the MVDP and Cort picks were just for that stage.  In my case, I expected them to be in the mix the following day, pick 'em in case they are in the break, and they will probably net points the next day.  The size of the break meant Cort net zilch both days!

Pages

Latest Comments