Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

I'm doing a LEJoG this year

I've just pulled the trigger on my airfare to do LEJoG. I'm in for three weeks, arriving LHR on 27 August, departing 17 September. My plan was to use the 2 week route from Britain's Best Bike Ride, maybe with a rest day or two, giving me a good buffer if things go awry. I'm in good enough shape that I could do the ten day route if I really wanted (I don't.)

Unless someone is adamant that I'll have better luck with weather doing a JoGLE that time of year, I plan to ride south to north. Something like this...

27 Aug: Arrive Heathrow, train to Penzance
28 Aug: Penzance - Land's End - Wadebridge (77 mi)
29 Aug: Wadebridge - Chulmleigh (66 mi)
30 Aug: Chulmleigh - Glastonbury (75 mi)
31 Aug: Glastonbury - Ross-on-Wye (81 mi)
01 Sep: Rest day? Sunday.
02 Sep: Ross-on-Wye - Market Drayton (89 mi)
03 Sep: Market Drayton - Mellor (82 mi)
04 Sep: Mellor - Sedbergh (53 mi)
05 Sep: Sedbergh - Langholm (77 mi)
06 Sep: Langholm - Peebles (50 mi)
07 Sep: Rest day? Saturday.
08 Sep: Peebles - Perth (78 mi)
09 Sep: Perth - Braemar (50 mi)
10 Sep: Braemar - Inverness (82 mi)
11 Sep: Inverness - Altnaharra (76 mi)
12 Sep: Altnaharra - John o'Groats (74 mi)
13 Sep: Rest day?
14-16 Sep: Train close to London, visit some family
17 Sep: Depart Heathrow

I plan to carry minimal camping gear just in case, but generally I'll be paying for lodging. If a farmer sprays me down, it will be in the news.

If anyone wants to join me for all or part of it, I'll put my email in the comments. Or just join me for a beer or two, I'm hoping to find a pub every night and most lunch times.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

1 comments

andystow | 3 days ago
4 likes

Contact. Maybe this will stop the scrapers/harvesters for a couple of years. I spent over a minute making this.

Latest Comments