Home

Ye or nae?

5 WT teams going - AG2R (Vuillermoz, Geniez); Astana (Lopez, Bilbao); Bahrain Merida (Nibali); Bora (Majka); and Sky (Bernal, Froome). 9 PCT teams going, a Team Italy, and 5 local CT teams.

5 stages total and 5 jerseys to give out: GC, points, KOM, sprints, and youth. Stages look interesting, no huge summit finishes, but nothing flat, and nothing hugely long.

If we run it, I'll need to add some riders in and re-jig the CT teams. It won't count towards the season leagues, it'll just be for fun.

 

54 comments

Avatar
MinardiM189 [474 posts] 1 month ago
0 likes

If you run it I will participate.

A few names I know in the obscure teams, I know a Kobayoshi and Pierantozzi reasonably well but nothing to do with cycling.

Avatar
Dr Winston [655 posts] 1 month ago
0 likes

Definite yes from me. Looks like a great line and is actually a really good race anyway...last years was brill.

Avatar
Condor Andy [681 posts] 1 month ago
0 likes

Okay, comp open  1

Avatar
Condor Andy [681 posts] 1 month ago
0 likes

Might lower the budget, thoughts? From 120 to 100, otherwise everyone will have virtually identical teams.

Avatar
MinardiM189 [474 posts] 1 month ago
0 likes

Thanks for setting this up.

Avatar
Dr Winston [655 posts] 1 month ago
0 likes
Condor Andy wrote:

Might lower the budget, thoughts? From 120 to 100, otherwise everyone will have virtually identical teams.

Thanks for setting it up Andy....and in answer to the question...yes it probably would help diversify the picks.

Avatar
Condor Andy [681 posts] 1 month ago
0 likes

Well, this wasn't loading for me yesterday and with > 200 people in I won't be lowering it, it'll bugger up people's teams. Oh well, it's just for fun anyway  1

Avatar
Dr Winston [655 posts] 1 month ago
0 likes
Condor Andy wrote:

Well, this wasn't loading for me yesterday and with > 200 people in I won't be lowering it, it'll bugger up people's teams. Oh well, it's just for fun anyway  1

No matter Andy. It'll still be a game of spot the differential...or two...

Avatar
MinardiM189 [474 posts] 1 month ago
0 likes
Dr Winston wrote:
Condor Andy wrote:

Well, this wasn't loading for me yesterday and with > 200 people in I won't be lowering it, it'll bugger up people's teams. Oh well, it's just for fun anyway  1

No matter Andy. It'll still be a game of spot the differential...or two...

It could all come down to whether stage 1 finishes in a sprint and if teams allow 'helpers' to have a go for it.

I expect big teams will be disappointed with the field, there isn't a lot of competition for GC so racing will not be hard enough for preparation purposes.

Avatar
Dr Winston [655 posts] 1 month ago
0 likes
MinardiM189 wrote:
Dr Winston wrote:
Condor Andy wrote:

Well, this wasn't loading for me yesterday and with > 200 people in I won't be lowering it, it'll bugger up people's teams. Oh well, it's just for fun anyway  1

No matter Andy. It'll still be a game of spot the differential...or two...

It could all come down to whether stage 1 finishes in a sprint and if teams allow 'helpers' to have a go for it.

I expect big teams will be disappointed with the field, there isn't a lot of competition for GC so racing will not be hard enough for preparation purposes.

It had a really good prospective line up initially...all gone. Even Froome is a strange one...he's quite canny with his build up so may not put too much store in trying to win this one...just turn his legs over.

Avatar
teckert [20 posts] 1 month ago
0 likes

Yer probably shouldve lowered the budget imo.... my purist team ends up with 23 in the balance, and my stage 1 standard team still has 34 in reserve!!

Avatar
stevemarks [572 posts] 4 weeks ago
0 likes
teckert wrote:

Yer probably shouldve lowered the budget imo.... my purist team ends up with 23 in the balance, and my stage 1 standard team still has 34 in reserve!!

 

 

39 points remaining....Ooops maybe I did something wrong!

Avatar
MinardiM189 [474 posts] 4 weeks ago
0 likes

Not a great start to this one.

I didn't check the startlist and ignored my roster change email.

I have Aberasturi in my team for Stage1  and Serrano in my purist team indecision.

 

Avatar
Dr Winston [655 posts] 4 weeks ago
0 likes
MinardiM189 wrote:

Not a great start to this one.

I didn't check the startlist and ignored my roster change email.

I have Aberasturi in my team for Stage1  and Serrano in my purist team indecision.

 

Ooops. I’m sure you’ll make up for it with your usual genius pick later on.

Avatar
stevemarks [572 posts] 4 weeks ago
0 likes
stevemarks wrote:
teckert wrote:

Yer probably shouldve lowered the budget imo.... my purist team ends up with 23 in the balance, and my stage 1 standard team still has 34 in reserve!!

 

 

39 points remaining....Ooops maybe I did something wrong!

 

seems I did then playing for stage wins it is then.

Avatar
Sniffer [607 posts] 4 weeks ago
0 likes

Lots of teams did better in Purist than Stzndard today.

Avatar
tony kappler [200 posts] 4 weeks ago
0 likes

Seems that the breakaway riders totals are slightly wrong;

                                  Sprint       KOM1     KOM2     Stage sp pts   Stage KOM points    TOTAL

Krizek                        6                  2              2                  5                             4                                 19

Kuen                          4                  0              1                  4                             3                                  12

Gamper                    2                  1               0                 3                             2                                   8

Dima                         0                   3              3                  0                             5                                  11

I may have missed something, so my apologies if I am out of order. It's probably not worth changing scores (the number of players with these riders is probably zero), but I thought I would mention it just in case there is an error in methodolgy, which could affect scoring in the later more critical stages.

Avatar
Condor Andy [681 posts] 4 weeks ago
0 likes

I'm scoring the KOMs as per the roadbook, and not our usual methods. I've mentioned it in the scoring notes. It's just there are hardly any KOMs and only one sprint per stage, so I thought I'd reward the breakaway riders a wee bit more. It's just a fun comp anyway.

Avatar
Gecko-cyclist [41 posts] 4 weeks ago
0 likes
Sniffer wrote:

Lots of teams did better in Purist than Stzndard today.

 

LOL. 

152 points in my purist team.  52 in my standard. 

Even given my usual ability to tinker with the standard team enough to wreck it, that's impressive!

Avatar
Sniffer [607 posts] 4 weeks ago
0 likes
Gecko-cyclist wrote:
Sniffer wrote:

Lots of teams did better in Purist than Stzndard today.

 

LOL. 

152 points in my purist team.  52 in my standard. 

Even given my usual ability to tinker with the standard team enough to wreck it, that's impressive!

It struck me that I had a good Standard day testerday, 2nd on the stage, and then looked at my Purist team which scored better and found that I was 20 places lower in the standings and realised that many of us should just have entered our Purist team. 

I think the reson I did OK on Standard was I had so little idea how the first stage that the riders I thought would do OK acrosee the week were picked rather than trying to finesse a team for the first stage.

Avatar
Dr Winston [655 posts] 4 weeks ago
0 likes

What happened to Froome?....did anybody find out?

Avatar
Condor Andy [681 posts] 4 weeks ago
0 likes

Just burned out, finished 17th. Seems Sky are letting Sivakov and Geoghegan-Hart test themselves. Unless Froome says otherwise.

Avatar
Dr Winston [655 posts] 4 weeks ago
0 likes
Condor Andy wrote:

Just burned out, finished 17th. Seems Sky are letting Sivakov and Geoghegan-Hart test themselves. Unless Froome says otherwise.

Seemed odd that he was burned out on the way down. It was a tough climb so he did the hardest bit....he seems to be wandering into a series of excuse me's...

Avatar
maviczap [329 posts] 4 weeks ago
0 likes
Condor Andy wrote:

Just burned out, finished 17th. Seems Sky are letting Sivakov and Geoghegan-Hart test themselves. Unless Froome says otherwise.

Obviously his form isn't there, and neither should it be if he's targeting the Tour, it's all preparation for him. I'd be concerned if this was the Dauphine. Plus it was a scetchy descent, so why risk your main goal for the season by descending like Nibali.

Having 2 team mates higher up the GC means he can ride his own race, rather than compete for the overall.

Avatar
JohnnyRemo [299 posts] 4 weeks ago
2 likes
Dr Winston wrote:

What happened to Froome?....did anybody find out?

He knew I'd transferred him in for Sivakov... 

St Date                    Rider in                            Rider out
2 Apr 22, 17:53 Christopher Froome      Pavel Sivakov

Avatar
Dr Winston [655 posts] 3 weeks ago
0 likes
JohnnyRemo wrote:
Dr Winston wrote:

What happened to Froome?....did anybody find out?

He knew I'd transferred him in for Sivakov... 

St Date                    Rider in                            Rider out
2 Apr 22, 17:53 Christopher Froome      Pavel Sivakov

Ouch....that must have ruined your tea...

Avatar
Dr Winston [655 posts] 3 weeks ago
0 likes
maviczap wrote:
Condor Andy wrote:

Just burned out, finished 17th. Seems Sky are letting Sivakov and Geoghegan-Hart test themselves. Unless Froome says otherwise.

Obviously his form isn't there, and neither should it be if he's targeting the Tour, it's all preparation for him. I'd be concerned if this was the Dauphine. Plus it was a scetchy descent, so why risk your main goal for the season by descending like Nibali.

Having 2 team mates higher up the GC means he can ride his own race, rather than compete for the overall.

Drives me a bit nuts with all that lark tbh Maviczap. Can’t argue with his Grand tour record obviously but it’s totally at the expense of everything else. I love my cycling of all types and times...not just the three weeks in July. He obviously knows what he’s doing and tbh I wrote further up he might just be there to turn his legs over...and he is.

Avatar
Condor Andy [681 posts] 3 weeks ago
0 likes

The thing is, this is a different year for Froome. He doesn't have multiple goals and he's getting a wee bit older. It's all for that 5th Tour. I wouldn't be suprised if he wins nothing else the whole year.

Avatar
Dr Winston [655 posts] 3 weeks ago
0 likes
Condor Andy wrote:

The thing is, this is a different year for Froome. He doesn't have multiple goals and he's getting a wee bit older. It's all for that 5th Tour. I wouldn't be suprised if he wins nothing else the whole year.

Very true Andy. I think it was Minardi who wrote that cycling in general seems to suddenly be in a time of a changing of the guard. He may be right and Foome might be on the cusp of that maybe. Certainly some very young and exciting riders around who aren’t holding back....

Avatar
Condor Andy [681 posts] 3 weeks ago
0 likes

Do we all have identical teams now or what? I can see most of us might have seven of the same riders, it just depends who we have as the 8th. I have one transfer for tomorrow.

Pages