Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour de France

Thanks for starting the competition.

I assume that Intermarche-Wanty & Arkea teams are missing becuase they were late finalising their line-ups.

Best of luck to everyone ☺

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

54 comments

11waterloo | 2 months ago
1 like

Missed the podium in the end but anytime you finish above Mountain Renegade has to be a decent effort. Well done to those above me, especially Winniewinner1 who was relentless.  

Rendel Harris | 2 months ago
0 likes

Has anyone seen an explanation of Jorgesen's behaviour on the first climb yesterday? In what seemed like a nice sporting gesture the UAE team sat up and Pogacar waved Carapaz through to take the last KOM point, signalling that he wasn't interested in trying to take the mountains jersey back, then Jorgensen suddenly sprinted over the top to steal the point. Did he have some beef with Carapaz from the previous day's break? It seemed a peculiarly classless act that could do nothing beyond make him a few enemies.

11waterloo replied to Rendel Harris | 2 months ago
1 like

Yes, I've just gone back and watched that and I can see no reason other than petulance. He may discover that cyclists have long memories!

MinardiM189 replied to Rendel Harris | 2 months ago
1 like

I saw an interview with Jorgensen - he said that he had let carapaz get all the points too easily on Stage 19 and decided he would make it harder for Carapaz on Stage 20.

Rendel Harris replied to MinardiM189 | 2 months ago
1 like

MinardiM189 wrote:

I saw an interview with Jorgensen - he said that he had let carapaz get all the points too easily on Stage 19 and decided he would make it harder for Carapaz on Stage 20.

Thanks for the info. Pretty childish, if he didn't want RC to get the points the day before he should have fought for them. No benefit to him and as 11waterloo says above, he might find in future if he needs favours from UAE or EF to help him to a good position or a jersey they won't be forthcoming.

0 likes

Combativity to Carapaz? What more could Jorgenson have done to earn it today? It is a baffling decision. He won it last year when he got hunted down by Woods up the Puy de Dome and today was an even more valiant effort.

MinardiM189 replied to 11waterloo | 2 months ago
0 likes

I didn't see the start. Didn't Carapaz have to chase the break down solo, that plus all the mountain points he collected, I guess.

I wasn't expecting him to win it either.

11waterloo replied to MinardiM189 | 2 months ago
0 likes

Carapaz had Powless drop back to help him over to the break but he did do a fantastic job in getting the KoM points and a fourth place. His reward was the polka dot jersey. Jorgenson effectively got nothing from the stage when he was at the front from the very start until 2k from the finish. The Combativity would have been the natural way to say 'Chapeau' to him. Having said all that, I won't turn down the extra 10:points.

2 likes

Just noticed on the Stages page of the game that the final stage is a bit tougher than we have been led to believe..... an ITT from Monaco to Paris! That's pretty old school and gives Remco a chance to snatch yellow by an hour or two! 

stevemarks | 2 months ago
0 likes

Cavendish and Demare demoted!

11waterloo replied to stevemarks | 2 months ago
0 likes

I'll be honest, I'm relieved. Had taken Demare out this morning as he's been way off the pace. Thought he had come back to kick my backside! 

MinardiM189 | 2 months ago
0 likes

Scoring Stage 11

Shouldn't Pogacar be on 71 points ?

Mountain points = 10+5+1

Stage = 30

GC = 10

Mountains Classification = 5

Combatitive 10

It looks like the final two 'mountains' haven't been scored for anyone.

tony kappler replied to MinardiM189 | 2 months ago
0 likes

Yes you are right. Also some mistakes in finish line points, eg Roglic. Corrected now. Note I did not do original scoring.

MinardiM189 | 2 months ago
0 likes

Ackermann or Groenewegen, that is the question.

0 likes

Not the question I'm asking.

MinardiM189 replied to tony kappler | 2 months ago
0 likes

I managed to get them both in by dropping Thijssen.

0 likes

My question was Groenewegen or Gaviria. Yesterday I foolishly replaced Jacobsen with Healy; at stage end I thought Healy should at least get most combative, but no. Jacobsen has scored 38 sprint points and 30 last rider points (plus 5 for Bardet's win); impressive!

0 likes

Yes, I saw you had Jacobsen in to collect last rider points.

As he pulled out today it has worked out OK for you.

I also expected Healy to get most combatitive yesterday.

0 likes

Yes, giving it to Pogacar seemed odd. Healy was last man standing from the break so was the prime candidate. Combativity is more a prize for the heroic, but generally doomed, ride of the day (and it helps if you are French)!

0 likes

I was asking the wrong question.

It should have been "who to put in instead of Groenewegen?" .

MinardiM189 replied to MinardiM189 | 2 months ago
0 likes

An expensive mistake for me the other day, I brought in Quinn , as I had Healy too, I couldn't  get Carapaz into my team.

0 likes

I  keep thinking Magnus Cort is still an EFE rider! 

0 likes

I had that for a while too.

Stages 17 & 18 are doing my head in.

Stage 18 looks quite difficult on the PCS profile but is actually a lot less difficult than I had anticipated.

0 likes

Factor in that no team will want to control those stages and its breakaway bingo time!  I always wish I'd kept an extra two or three transfers back at this stage in a GT! 

0 likes

Yes, both stages likely to be for the break.

Probably a huge break on Stage 17, maybe with a couple of lower ranked GC riders in it.

Then a more selective break on Stage 18 with De Lie and others trying to chase it down from a bigger group.

Sniffer replied to 11waterloo | 2 months ago
0 likes

I have been distracted for much of the last few weeks and the game has taken a back seat.  It kind of shows in my TdF performance.  Missing the deadline on the Friday TT stage post General Election while on holiday kicked the stuffing out of me for a bit too.

On the positive side, don't have the lack of transfer anxiety I would usually have.

11waterloo replied to Sniffer | 2 months ago
0 likes

I had noticed you having a couple of untypical off days. I always check your team out (amongst a few others) as I have noticed, over the years, that you generally pick a similar team to me. I too had a nightmare TT as I managed to leave Roglic out when I was sure I had got him in, costing me 30 odd points. Nobody to blame but myself on that one and fortunately there is enough time in a GT to recover. Annoying though! 

0 likes

I think the worst mistake I ever made was making my transfers after the deadline for a stage in the Tour of California.

The stage started a couple of hours earlier than the previous ones.

0 likes

I was having nightmares last year as we were on holiday on the West then the East of the USA in October. Il Lombardia wasn't a major issue but I was absolutely dreading the Tour of Guangxi. Trying to work out the start time for a Chinese race whilst in San Francisco for a couple of stages and then in New York for the rest was causing me major stress. I was mightily relieved when it was removed from the game! 

0 likes

You dream about Fantasy Cycling ?

Pages

Latest Comments